Graphic design is an important element of visual communication. It ensures that your message to the customer is clear and appealing.
Whether it is a brochure, business card, website, your social media, or any other place where graphic design is needed, images and other visual aid will be required. For that, you need a good designing tool that helps you use your creativeness without any restrictions.
Most apps or tools require you to pay a costly subscription. This may be especially hard for small businesses and startups to shell out for. Thankfully there are trending and modern designing tools that have a plethora of up-to-date features for little to no cost.
Top 5 Free Tools for Graphic Designers
You can do graphic designing for your business without incurring huge costs as there are tons of free tools at your disposal. In this blog, we will explore the five best user-friendly and free tools for designing graphics.
Canva is one of the most popular choices when it comes to free graphic designing tools. It is a web-based app, which recently went mobile. Between the simplicity its tools provide and the number of increasing features, it is a good fit for both amateurs and professionals.
With Canva, designing is easy as it uses a drag-and-drop feature. It is affordable, simple, and has tons of options for its users. Go check out canva.com. After you log in, you will have to specify what design you are looking to make. It is important to answer that as Canva will then provide you with all the tools necessary for graphic designing.
Don’t think of Canva as just a photo editor or creator app. You can create a logo or brochure, design a wedding or business card, or even create a presentation. Also, Canva lets you generate a color palette using a color combination tool. You can use it to search for free stock images as well.
Features of Canva
- More than 100 free fonts and design elements
- Templates for social media and brochures. It also gives you the option to customize said templates
- Access to stock images and design tools
- Supports photo-editing
- Supplies design layouts for every possible occasion.
Features of Canva pro
- Access to 60 million-plus elements and images and 1000-plus fonts, including personally uploaded fonts.
- It provides you with a brand kit
- Access to more than 1000 design templates
- Access to storage folders for all your graphic designing work
- Offers priority support
- Access to premium animations and resizing visuals to numerous formats
- Canva premium is $12.99 per month, or $9.95 per month if you pay annually.
If you are looking for an alternative tool to Adobe Illustrator or Corel draw, INKSPACE is perfect. It is powerful, free, and simple to use.
A lot of graphic designers and logo creators use this tool as it allows them to create highly scalable illustrations, logos, and more.
It is operational on Mac OS, Linux, and Windows.
- Clean interface which makes it easy to use.
- Consistent and stable, making it easy to create quality designs
- INKSPACE uses SVG which is one of the best formats for designing logos and banners that uses vector mode.
- Provides text support and different file formats.
3. Design Wizard
Design Wizard is one of the best and most accessible graphic designing tools out there. It provides you with tons of high-quality stock images and templates for print as well as social media.
This graphic designing tool has a free and an expert version for $16.95 per month. Both versions have amazing features.
- It updates its library of images and templates every day with proper licensing.
- It is the best tool to use for beginners
- It has over 100,000 premium images
- It lets you customize your template and make personalized changes
- It lets you upload your photos, text, color palette, etc.
- Resizing the image is also an option
Vectr helps you create beautiful vector images within minutes. Any designer can use this tool without worrying about going through a crash course. Vectr lets you sync your projects in real-time. In other words, create your design on your laptop, browser, or iPad at your convenience.
- Work on presentations, brochures, logos, or mockups.
- It is completely free
- Lets you share your document with others in real-time for editing
- Free tutorials
- High-quality design
Infogram is an online graphic design tool that transforms things like charts, maps, photos, and social media visuals into art-work. Infogram works with large businesses in various industries.
- Intuitive drag and drop
- Various price models
- Data integration
- Over 1 million icons and images
- Access to royalty-free images
- Export for multi-format visualization
Why Every Business Needs Graphic Design
If you haven’t installed one of the best free graphic design tools mentioned above, consider the importance of designing visuals for your business.
It increases your sales. Thoughtful and impressive designs engage more people. They find it relevant and appealing, which increases your sales.
It helps with your brand’s image. Graphic design helps you establish your brand name. When customers see the design of your logo, ads, website, etc., they recognize your brand.
That is why investing time creating perfect graphics is crucial.
It conveys a specific message. The visual design is the best way to convey your message to your target audience. It is the best thing you can do to evoke emotions and encourage your customers to return.
It unifies your employees. Any business has employees working in a different department on various projects. Graphic design is one thing that can connect them. When they use the stationary or see the logo or brochures, it unifies them to achieve one common goal.
Don’t Forget How Visual The Internet Has Become
The importance of graphic design in today’s world is becoming more evident. It helps your brand create an identity, increases your sales, and conveys your message. If you don’t use the right tool, the designs won’t come out correctly. Explore each tool carefully and then decide which one is best for your business.