We foster relationships with brands we use and trust. The testimonials on our site represent real experiences, but they don't guarantee you'll achieve similar results. When you make purchases through our links to our partners, we may earn a commission. Your support helps us continue this work. You can read our full disclosure here.
I am a huge fan of legitimate rewards apps, sites, and browser extensions because of how much money they’ve helped me earn over the years. So naturally, when I heard that my friends and former clients over at DollarSprout created a brand-new rewards browser extension for laptop/desktop shoppers, I was elated!
Even though DollarSprout Rewards is fresh off the press, I can still vouch for the honesty and trustworthiness of the brand. I’ve personally been paid thousands of dollars from DollarSprout over the years, and I still receive monthly paychecks. If you are looking for a legitimate way to earn cash back on your online purchases, DollarSprout Rewards is reliable and pays on time.
I get it. There are many companies out there that sell you on the phrase “make money anywhere.” While those sites might hook you into thinking you can finally live a life of freedom and financial success, many of those sites are actually scams. Thankfully, I can come into this review of DollarSprout Rewards with a history of personal experience and trust.
DollarSprout Rewards Summary and Quick Facts
DollarSprout Rewards is a browser extension designed specifically to give members actual cash back. The site partners with more than 15,000 stores like Walmart, Macy’s, and BJ’s (and even some name brands) to get you the most bang for your buck. For every eligible purchase you make using the extension on your browser, you can get money back. It’s the best way to shop online and earn cash rewards at the same time.
DollarSprout started as a resource to learn how to make more money by sharing blog posts about jobs, side hustles, and more. Now, it has grown to offer its own rewards program to help its audience make even more.
DollarSprout Rewards Pros
- Low payout threshold amount of $5
- Free to install
- Available for both Google and Apple-based browsers
- Automatic monthly cash out
- Over 15,000 online retailers to choose from
- Easy to install on your computer
- Takes seconds to activate and begin earning
- Stackable with your credit card rewards
DollarSprout Rewards Cons
- Can only cash out through PayPal
- Can take up to five days to see your rewards
- Not available for in-store purchases
- There is currently no app available to use
DollarSprout Rewards Scam Score Ratings
While I have personal experience with DollarSprout, I realize that I’m only one person. So, I like to include any background research I can by sharing information from public review sites.
DollarSprout Rewards currently does not have a profile with the Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot. However, it does have ratings on websites that check if sites are scams.
According to Scam Adviser, DollarSprout is “likely trustworthy” because:
- The site receives an exceptional amount of traffic
- The SSL certificate is valid
- The website has been around for a few years (since 2015)
What is DollarSprout Rewards & How Does It Work?
DollarSprout is a website that wants to help members fight back against inflation by giving them cashback on their everyday purchases. It also wants to make getting cashback as easy as possible. Because of this fact, the extension for your browser is the only way to activate your rewards.
1. Download the Extension
This rewards program is one of the easiest programs to get started with. It is a one-click download to get started. All you need to do is download the extension for your computer. Use the Chrome or Safari extension depending on your device. You can use the DollarSprout Rewards link or search for it in your extensions library.
2. Connect Your PayPal Account
After your extension has been installed on your browser, you will be prompted to connect your PayPal account to it. You can choose to skip this step if you want, but it really doesn’t take long to do. Plus, if you want to get your payouts, you’re going to need to have this step completed. Take a few seconds to connect your DollarSprout Rewards account to your PayPal.
3. Start Shopping Online
There is nothing more you need to do other than to go shopping online to start earning money back. The extension works for you to find coupons, promo codes, and deals on the sites you shop with. Once you are ready to check out, DollarSprout runs a quick check to see if your items qualify for any coupons. You will also activate a cashback bonus for your shopping.
4. Get Rewarded
Complete online transactions as you normally would and get paid to shop. You can watch your earnings grow in your DollarSprout account. Each month, your earnings will be sent directly to the PayPal account you set up. You don’t have to worry about requesting withdrawals and waiting to see your money in a few weeks. Enjoy watching your hard-earned money come back to you automatically.
DollarSprout Rewards Alternatives
DollarSprout Rewards is a great option for cashback opportunities. If you are looking for more opportunities for cashback, consider the following alternatives.
- Rakuten– A website that offers thousands of retailers to shop with and get rewarded with cashback. It is a well-known company that has proven to pay out members with opportunities as high as 15% cashback. Get up to a $40 welcome bonus when you sign up and make your first purchase. Get paid through PayPal or via check.
- InboxDollars– A popular website that is known for rewarding members for their time spent completing tasks like shopping online. Get cash-back bonuses when you shop through the InboxDollars site. Your rewards will be credited to your account. Withdraw them in the form of gift cards. Get a $5 welcome bonus for joining.
- Swagbucks– Swagbucks pays members for completing tasks. It is a dedicated site that helps members get more money in their spare time. It is especially helpful when members shop through Swagbucks because they can unlock cashback rewards. Those rewards are transferred into SBs that can be redeemed toward gift cards. Join and get a $10 welcome bonus.
- Honey– Honey is a browser extension similar to DollarSprout. It searches for coupons and deals on your behalf while you are shopping online. You can get cashback as high as 24%. This extension also looks for price drops and compares when it is a good time to buy a product based on the price increase and decrease history. This gives you confidence in knowing when the right time to buy for the right price is.
- Cash App– Cash App offers “Boosts” to its users to get instant savings and cashback opportunities just by using their debit cards. Simply select the Boosts that you want to take advantage of in your Cash App account, activate them, and start shopping. When you use your debit card associated with your Cash App account, you are automatically awarded through Cash App.
DollarSprout Rewards Q&As
It is a smart move to make sure you have all of the pieces of the DollarSprout Rewards program puzzle before you decide if it is a program that is worth it for you. Take a look at common questions other consumers are asking to solidify that this program is legit and trustworthy.
Can I trust DollarSprout Rewards?
Yes, you can trust DollarSprout Rewards. For starters, the site does not collect your data to sell off to other third-party sites just to make a dollar off of your personal information. It is simply a connection point for you to find deals, save money, and make back some of the money you spent.
It’s hard to trust that any site is just looking out for your best interest. With DollarSprout Rewards, that is exactly what it is doing. It is a legit company and trustworthy.
Can you make good money using DollarSprout Rewards?
This answer will vary depending on each user and based on the retailers. If you don’t normally shop with a retailer that offers more return, then you might not make as much as someone else who does shop there. Additionally, if you only shop online sporadically, your earnings won’t be as high as someone else who uses DollarSprout Rewards often.
The short answer is yes, you can make a difference in your income by using DollarSprout Rewards. The exact amount will vary from person to person.
Is DollarSprout Rewards a scam?
No, DollarSprout Rewards is not a scam; it is a legitimate company. During this DollarSprout Rewards review, you have seen that the site itself has years under its belt, its scam ratings are low based on SSL certificates, and its age of domain is acceptable. It has been assessed by other scam-related sites and is deemed a trusted site.
How does DollarSprout Rewards make money?
DollarSprouts Rewards makes money through affiliates. Essentially, the companies it partners with for members to shop through gives it a commission whenever a sale comes through using the DollarSprout Rewards extension. With this commission, DollarSprout chooses to give part of it back to its members, which is how you are able to make back some of your cash.
In addition, DollarSprout has its own blog site that generates a steady income as well. The blog also includes affiliate links. If a reader views the links and makes a purchase, a commission is earned. Lastly, DollarSprout has its own YouTube channel where information about how to make more money is shared along with other tips about finances. DollarSprouts uses affiliate links and ads on its channel to generate passive income.
DollarSprout Rewards Review: Concluding Thoughts
Since I already have personal experience with DollarSprout, I am 100% certain that DollarSprout Rewards is a trustworthy, legitimate browser extension. If you are looking for another way to bring in (or bring back) some of your money, DollarSprout is a great option. While you won’t make a full-time income just by using this browser extension, it is still nice to have a few extra dollars each month to help with bills and groceries.
Based on the information covered in this DollarSprout Rewards review, you are highly likely to enjoy this site as I have. It has passed the scam tests, has quite a few pros and very minimal cons, and it is easy to get paid your rewards. It is also easy to download and get started earning. There really is nothing more you could ask for in a cashback app, site, or browser extension.
If you are still hesitant about using DollarSprout Rewards, give it a try and see for yourself. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain. If you find that it isn’t for you after giving it a try, simply uninstall the extension. There is no harm or great loss of your time to find out for yourself. DollarSprout Rewards is one of the easiest sites to earn money.